[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Andinia.com - Foros / Forums / • Ver Tema - "Doctored" News
El buscador para los amantes de las actividades al aire libre: exploración, supervivencia, deportes y viajes de aventura.

El buscador para los amantes de las actividades al aire libre. English Espanol Portugues

Cualquier palabra Todas las palabras - Agregar sitio

Los foros de Andinia

Fecha actual Mar Oct 20, 2020 8:42 am

Todos los horarios son UTC

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 10 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: "Doctored" News
NotaPublicado: Dom Ago 06, 2006 6:57 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

In recent conflicts it has become more and more evident that for whatever reason, even journalists are beginning to take sides. Just look at this:

- (at jpost.com). It seems that a certan photographer named Adnan Hajj was responsible - Reuters recongized that some pictures of Beirut were altered - for retouching photos of the war, including those of the Qana incident.

In my opinon: disgusting and very disrespectful for those really suffering the tragic war in Lebanon.

BTC: 16qMaJyTXB3EyYrTvMJ6GsQUc238hnKoSS LTC: LgBZscVTNjfE6SFQg5DYNz1bGKnPbF9xiX

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Jue Ago 31, 2006 4:34 pm 
Nativo
Nativo

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Jue Ago 31, 2006 11:07 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

I wonder how many things that we usually take for granted are really as bogus as an unicorn. Indeed, reality cannot be trusted, and the same goes for good and evil. What we interpret as good might be evil in more than just one case.

The Lebanese example is just but one occurrence, both there as well as everywhere. There was another case in the Lebanese conflict where the Lebanese P.M. appeared crying and telling about a "massacre" in which the Israelis "had" killed about 40 civilians. He appeared in front of many arab leaders and for that matter, in front of the world.

Then, it was discovered that just one individual had been killed in the aforementioned incident. Can anyone believe that such was an innocent mistake?

So, what about hurricane Katrina? Forest fires in Portugal? And so many other cases... Yes indeed, it is worrysome.

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Mar Nov 28, 2006 5:04 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Vie Dic 08, 2006 4:53 pm 
Nativo
Nativo

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Dom Dic 10, 2006 5:50 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

I guess that by using the old, plain scientific method, that is, testing every bit of news against independent evidence, we might do something about it. Clearly, in my opinion, journalists should regain control over what they publish and improve their ethical standards.

It is all too easy for a news corporation to dictate what goes into the press or air and what not. Once you have that corporate ability in place, it is easy even for the state to influence the news: this can take place also in a democratic country, just think what the IRS could say to a news corporation in the U.S. I have witnessed cases as such and I know people - even myself - that have received pressure from politicians in order to suspend some publications.

I didn´t accept that, and suddenly my family, friends, etc. all began having "troubles" of different sorts here in Argentina, like very strange kicks in their doors - broken afterwards following the same pattern -, fiscal and taxation issues for things that are verifiably ok, longer tramitations of all sorts and so on. This is hardly news in certain parts of the world, but the alarming thing is that even in supposedly serious democracies we are seeing this too. And this is nothing: the son of a local businessman from the construction sector has been kidnapped.

Since the members of that family are patients from my mother, who is an MD, I know the case: the municipal government ows their company a lot of money for a couple of housing projects that they built for them and were never paid - Argentine authorities not paying... sounds familiar? -; a couple of months ago they also ran into pressures, strange fires, alleged robberies and now a kidnapping with a ransom of half a million dollars... more or less what the city ows them.

All this, plus the technology that allows anyone to easily and quickly edit images is what causes the problem. So, by cutting that influence over journalists the issue should disappear almost completely. The question is how do we achieve that?

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Vie Dic 22, 2006 12:35 am 
Nativo
Nativo

I was just writing about UFOs elsewhere, and in that post we were discussing about how "blurred" seem the images taken from allegedly alien spacecraft. Nessie, Big Foot and other mythical creaures and things seem to appear blurred every time too.

So, it seems to me that "blurring" is an adequate technique to bring something on a table without actually having to prove anything about it. It is... but it´s not at the same time, I hope you understand what I mean.

Thus, if this works with these alleged urban legends and conspiracies, why wouldn´t serious business an political people use the same technique to literally blurr the distinctions between legal and illegal, good and bad, lawful and unlawful?

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Mar Dic 26, 2006 8:30 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Vie Abr 20, 2007 10:57 pm 
Nativo
Nativo

Yeah! That explains a lot about the world. :lol:

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Lun Jun 04, 2007 4:35 pm