[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Andinia.com - Foros / Forums / • Ver Tema - The Skowronek Bankers
El buscador para los amantes de las actividades al aire libre: exploración, supervivencia, deportes y viajes de aventura.

El buscador para los amantes de las actividades al aire libre. English Espanol Portugues

Cualquier palabra Todas las palabras - Agregar sitio

Los foros de Andinia

Fecha actual Jue Nov 21, 2019 10:27 am

Todos los horarios son UTC

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: The Skowronek Bankers
NotaPublicado: Vie Dic 07, 2012 7:25 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

Do you have any idea what is for a family to survive and keep its fortunes for centuries against the Inquisition, and then the Nazis and the Soviets?

This is part of the history of my family and other things related to it, including the GEA, which is the research group derived from the activities of the surviors of my family after the war and other similar people, and from which Andinia.com emerged, since we have been dedicated to exploration for a while now and in many cases the story of my ancestors is one of survival. As you will soon find out, it is a little bit unusual.

If I tell you that I am the grandson of Jewish bankers wiped out during WWII by the Gestapo and NKVD, and German scientists who worked on the development of jet engines whose sons and daughters married after the war on the other side of the planet it surely might sound odd, I grant you.

And if I tell you that we come from the Portuguese and English aristocracy some centuries before that it might seem exotic.

And if I tell you that tradition has that we are a Davidic family, that might seem outlandish.

Well, it isn't. There is a lot of debate about some aspects of this story, particularly as one goes further back in time, but the tradition is there. Generations since the time of Charlemagne can be proved historically; those before him fall more within the realm of legends or religious beliefs than historical facts. Some people think that a Davidic heritage is impossible, while others believe it as a total truth, mostly depending on their religious ideas.

I personally think that while a Davidic heritage it cannot be proved with the elements at hand right now, it is possible, or as one author said, "even probable." In more modern times, the stories contained here are real.

Surely, the Gestapo and NKVD thugs took thse things for real since they even made hit lists to assasinate my most direct ancestors based on who they were, so be them myths or not at their roots, their consequences became very real for us since less than one thenth of the whole family survived the Holocaust.

So, we are some of those "Zionists" and hated Jews... but we are not just Jews. In my family we are Christians, Muslims, Jews and even Buddhists. From time to time, hatred and envy erupts even from some people that we think are close to us - or thought, for that matter -, either because they hate Jews, who they perceive as Jews but say that are non-Jews, aristocrats, or simply those that feel envy towards us or think that we act upon them like we were cast from different matter, as if it were not enough that beliefs of superiority murdered most of us, and there are others that simply question things based on their own ignorance.

As I said, anything that happened before the time of Charlemagne should be taken with a grain of salt for lack of sufficient sources to scientifically confirm facts. I include those stories because they put things into context, but I am aware of the epistemological limitations involved. On the other hand, for the more modern stories you have a number of sources available. But I will let you judge for yourself. The collection of texts is extensive. I hope that you will find it interesting.

:arrow:

Related:

BTC: 16qMaJyTXB3EyYrTvMJ6GsQUc238hnKoSS LTC: LgBZscVTNjfE6SFQg5DYNz1bGKnPbF9xiX

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC