[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Andinia.com - Foros / Forums / • Ver Tema - UFOs?
El buscador para los amantes de las actividades al aire libre: exploración, supervivencia, deportes y viajes de aventura.

El buscador para los amantes de las actividades al aire libre. English Espanol Portugues

Cualquier palabra Todas las palabras - Agregar sitio

Los foros de Andinia

Fecha actual Mar Oct 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Todos los horarios son UTC

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 29 mensajes ]  Ir a página 1, 2, 3  Siguiente
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: UFOs?
NotaPublicado: Mié Mar 01, 2006 2:37 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

Many believe in the existence of UFOs. Perhaps they are normal part of our environment. However, to say that they are ET by default is to precipitate conclusions. What if UFOs are natural phenomena, for example?

Indeed, it is possible that some at least actually come with intelligent crews on board; that could be the case and there are entire research projects like SETI addressing the issue. However, we should avoid allegedly mystical explanations put forward by many different groups around the world.

Don't get me wrong: it would be extraordinary to establish communications with intelligent beings living outside our world, but let's deal with the issue in a serius, scientific way leaving other things behind. I have in fact seen UFOs in Patagonia, and I can tell you that I am a licensed pilot; I know what moves like an earthly flying thing and what doesn't, but there has to be a rational and reasonable explanation instead of absurd and baseless ideas.

Whenever I say "I saw a couple of those things, and I am a pilot", people look in two possible ways: they either think that someone should take my license away, or they start chanting and dancing around, thinking that I have been blessed as some sort of Guru. :? I even know a high-ranking, top-brass retired military pilot who saw similar things too, and he told me "...If I speak too much about the issue, psychiatrists will recommend them to ground me..."

The UFO issue has been clearly mistreated, so it needs to be .

BTC: 16qMaJyTXB3EyYrTvMJ6GsQUc238hnKoSS LTC: LgBZscVTNjfE6SFQg5DYNz1bGKnPbF9xiX

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Mar Abr 25, 2006 12:44 am 
Nativo
Nativo

What about the Bermuda Triangle, Area 51, Roswell and such places?

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Mar Abr 25, 2006 2:39 am 
Administrador
Administrador

Curious indeed, and it would be great to know that there is some truth around these myths. However, there seems to be little independent, scientific proof to support those scenarios as UFO-related.

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Mié May 10, 2006 2:17 pm 
Nativo
Nativo

Could you recommend any book(s) on the subject?

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Jue May 11, 2006 3:29 pm 
Administrador
Administrador

Regarding UFOs there is a lot of pure belief beyond what may be considering scientific. What book would you like to read will depend on that, so, more than recommending you a specific title, I would suggest you to search one suitable for your tastes .

However, let me stress the fact that staying within what can be considered scientific is a safer bet in all aspects. There is a lot of hype and - frankly - nonsensical stuff out there. I tell you this both as a pilot and as a participant in the project; so, I do think that there is a high probability of finding something alive somewhere in space, but we should be serious in our quest.

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Dom Sep 03, 2006 2:22 am 
Nativo
Nativo

One good question about UFOs is why it seems that every single picture taken seems blurred? and another one, why is it that so few qualified witnesses seem to have seen them? It looks like UFOs choose to appear in front of rahter poor and ignorant people. Are they ashamed, or what ? :lol:

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Dom Sep 03, 2006 7:48 am 
Administrador
Administrador

Probably there is some truth about UFOs - and that doesn't mean that they are indeed from outer space -, but I think that there is a lot of fantasy, almost-religious beliefs and a lot of commerce going on. Random meteorological phenomena, hallucinations or optical illusions, perhaps some sort of unknown, natural events and who knows? Even some real flying saucers are out there, but until someone confirms the nature of those events in a really scientific manner, I agree that we have to listen to every single tale with skepticism.

Selling beliefs is like the idea behind the : since there is always someone who wins a little, everybody think that anybody could win big. If you sell chimeras you get flocks of followers bringing you all sorts of riches, and that's why these stories sell so well.

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Vie Dic 08, 2006 4:46 pm 
Nativo
Nativo

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Jue Dic 14, 2006 12:17 am 
Administrador
Administrador

Yes, it is interesting, but until there is no clear and patent proof of that, it will be very difficult to prove the actual existence of aliens, no matter how many people say that they saw this or that.

Scientists many times appear as a lot of people willing not to believe, but in fact, scientists are very curious individuals. After all, they studied to be scientists and not lawyers, politicans or insurance policy sellers. What they say is that there is not enough evidence to support those claims.

The suggestion that there might be a cover-up somewhere, while possible, are likely to be presposterous. Proof is what is needed, and not simple interpretations of facts.

Trained scientists will agree that it is quite ikely that there is life outside our plnet, much like they agreed that there could be planets outside our solar system before the first one was discovered. Now they number about 200.

Asunto:
NotaPublicado: Vie Dic 22, 2006 12:30 am 
Nativo
Nativo

Assuming that extraterrestrial intelligences do exist and visit this planet, how should we consider them? As peaceful or dangerous? Based on the experiences we seem to have had so far, they are not dangerous, or what?

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 29 mensajes ]  Ir a página 1, 2, 3  Siguiente

Todos los horarios son UTC